Sunday 27 June 2010

On a Good Day.















Isn't it amazing?!

Looking around me, I am in total admiration. There are so many wonderful, beautiful things in this world.
I have spent an entire day in the garden with the family. We enjoyed a barbecue and some splashing around in the paddling pool.

The day has been quite stress-free (for a day in this house anyway!) and everyone has been in good spirits.

Once I had bathed the four children and put them to bed, I plonked myself back in the garden, catching the last of the sun as it disappeared behind the houses.

I sat at my beautiful big glass table alone eating my dinner. In silence. All except the bird song keeping me company. I feel so very relaxed. I can't remember the last time I felt such peace.

I looked around at the 5 empty chairs surrounding me. I've created such a wonderful family with Drew.

Little trikes,  bikes and scooters adorn the lawn along with a trampoline, slide, sand pit, playhouse and a miniature dining table with four little chairs under a tiny gazebo. There had been such life in this garden all but an hour ago. But now? Now there is peace.

I looked to the sky. The beautiful clear blue sky, with it's wispy white clouds, dancing through it.

An infinite amount of space above me. Beautiful. Wondrous. Amazing.

How did I not notice this before? This endless sea of calm? The birds, so effortless in flight, gliding along form rooftop to rooftop, gently humming a little tune.

I take in a deep breath. This is the kind of peacefulness I want to feel everyday. I long for this. This clarity. This space. This euphoria.

I want to bottle it and hand it out to the world. I want to drink it all up when I'm feeling down and feel what I'm feeling this very second.

This is the me I strive to be. I want to be. I need to be.

Looking up, I feel dizzy. There are no limits, no boundaries to this amazing immeasurable piece of artwork we have come to know as the sky.

It is total bliss. My little piece of heaven, right here in my garden.

Today, I am on top of  the my world.

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous Kerry! I share your sentiments as I too feel a great sense of peace right now. You have a lovely style of writing, although you may just want to correct the part about the birds Genitally humming a little tune...I am assuming you meant gently lol!!!!
    But, nice blog and I am very tempted to set one up myself...will keep you posted and keep smiling babe xxxx Deni xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tee hee hee, thanks for that Den! Bloody american spell check programme sometimes puts some very odd words in there!
    Thanks for following. Are you now on Twitter at all? if not, post a link to your blog on FB and I'll hop on over! xx

    ReplyDelete