Tuesday 8 June 2010

In Awe

Time and time again I read about some truly amazing people.

These people inspire me to do better, but somehow, I fell that I can never live up to their incredible achievements.

I'm not talking about people in the media - that's a kind of false economy.

I'm really talking about real people, living real lives..

People who are wonderfully talented, selfless, generous, kind and nurturing.

I feel blessed to know a few of these mere mortals. These people bring joy, encouragement and sunshine into my life.

Of course my children bring me immense happiness, as does my partner Drew. Without them, I wouldn't be me. However, today I am not gushing about my beautiful family.

I am talking about an elite few, some of whom I'll mention here

The lovely Jay over at Mocha Beanie Mummy.
A rare find. Such a big personality. Such a talented photographer.
She makes me cry with laughter every single day.

My good friend Danni
I met her at school. An amazing mother to her three young children. She studies, she works part time and she is in the process of starting her own business.. all while her husband works away.
She keeps all her pans from boiling over. A true great friend.

Tara at Sticky Fingers.
She created The Gallery. A wondrous achievement.
Each week she brings so many people together and  introduces us to some wildly talented people, albeit via the power of the World Wide Web.

My mate Tommy.
Another high school chum, Tommy runs world wide marathons in aide of women's cancer charities.
Following the diagnoses and eventual death of his mother, he has helped raise thousands of pounds for these very deserving charities.

Last, but not least,

Amy,  from And 1 more means four.
Mum extraordinaire!
At just 24 herself, the beautiful Amy is an incredible mother to her 5 small children.
She breast feeds, she makes the morning routine and school runs look effortless and she is always happy.
Never complacent, Amy is an all round 5 star uber Mummy.

I have total and utter admiration for these people.

I am in awe of you all.
I aspire to be more like you. You make the world a better, brighter place to be.

For allowing me to sneak a small glimpse of your lives I am forever thankful, you have made me a better person.

Keep up the fabulous work guys, I am sending you all a huge pat on the back!

2 comments:

  1. What an totally lovely thing to write. I am humbled and honoured to be mentioned (and in such great company too). Thank you x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very welcome. I think you guys are amazing! x

    ReplyDelete