Friday 4 June 2010

Crazy little thing called..Life

Today, I somewhat resemble something that farmers would be truly proud to display in their fields to keep those pesky crows at bay... It's not a good look to rock.

After having 6 kids here all week, aged between 15 and 7months old, the house, my house is well, for lack of a better word, trashed. So is my garden come to think of it.

As bad luck would have it, I find myself living in a tiny 2 bedroomed mid terrace with my partner, our four children and our 2 cats. Further more, I seem to have 'inherited' my two teenage sisters for every half term school holiday and majority of the weekends throughout the year.

Aside from this, I also have a substantial list of things which currently make my life, well, erm.. difficult shall we say.

I have recently been diagnosed with Bipolar. My partner is also a depressive.
The 6year old has epilepsy and a bad case of the uber tantrums.
The 2 cats have problems, one has chronic cystitis and pee's in the bath, often. The other cat has a heart murmur and is a troublesome little shit, but that's another post.
The baby seems to think he's still worthy of newborn portions and despite now being 7months old, he refuses to wean and alarmingly demand feeds 6oz milk bottles every 2-3 hours.
The 5 year old needs constant reassurance that she is my world. She whinges and cries uncontrollably at any given opportunity that life doesn't quite go her way. This will last hours at a time.
The toddler is the devil in disguise. Often referred to as 'The Terrorist' Destruction follows her. Mess follows her. She refuses to potty train, conform to society or cease screeching like a Banshee.
The car is buggered, so we are well and truly grounded.
The garden is the size of a postage stamp, with super strength weed things lurking in every crevice of the patio.
And finally, the bane of my life, reoccurring cases of head lice from some kid who's idiotic parents refuse to treat. Gahhhh, nasty little pointless blood sucking bastards.

Phew... *breaths a huge sigh of relieve* Thank God that's off my chest.

I want to clean and have a bright and shiny house and garden. But in reality, it never quite happens.
There is always too much to do on any given day.

Today, for example, I have all the kids here. The breakfast ritual alone took me 43minutes. I got the kids fully dressed and they went outside and proceeded to jump in the paddling pool and have a water fight..
I need to get the mass mountain of laundry under control again today too. I need to vacuum, dust, wash windows, mirrors and floors. The toy boxes need sorting so that the kids can regain some much needed floorspace in their bedroom.

I look at my ever growing list and I feel deflated.

I don't know where to start, and when I eventually do start, one of the kids needs something right there and then.

It's like they know. As soon as I pick up the Dyson. It's their visual aide that Mummy isn't playing with them any longer and she needs to be recaptured into the land of make believe.

So much effort and motivation is required to do the smallest of things at the moment. It's a vicious cycle.

That is why I am going to try The Personal Challenge a la Tiddlyompompom. Wish me luck!

This month my Personal Challenge is:
1. Keep on top of the daily housework
2. Keep on top of the weeds and lawn
3. Keep up with my Bipolar therapy.

No comments:

Post a Comment