Monday 12 July 2010

Running from the World.

I have been running for a long time now.

Running from the past, and the future and especially the present.

Exhaustion set in a while back.
The feeling of the wind rushing through my hair and the hot sun of my face has kept me going. I don't want to stop. I'm not sure I can.

The past is a funny thing. It shapes you. Makes you the person you are today.
I'm not sure what kind of person I am. I like to think that I'm strong, that I'm a better person. More compassionate. More lenient. Yet still I run.

I want to be in a world that stops for a breath. That's totally uncomplicated. That's free and easy and nurturing.

I crave peace and calm. Space and time.
But time travels faster then me. It runs through my fingers like tiny grains of sand. Slipping away, forever.
I can't catch it up or slow it down. I can't go back and right my wrongs. So I just keep running.

My little world is bright and colourful. It's musical and wondrous.It's peaceful and still. It's Heaven on Earth.
I run to it often. My only escape from the real world that drains me to my very core.

I have been running for a long time.

___________________________________________

This post was written for Josie's Writing Workshop.

2 comments:

  1. Running to makes so much of a difference. So much more positive than runing from. Like you, I'm a runner. Both running from and running to. Beautiful description of how I feel sometimes too..thanks xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Relax. Where are you rushing to? Everything falls into place in due course....

    ReplyDelete