Saturday 24 July 2010

Inception, the beginning of the end?

This week, Drew and I celebrated our 10th anniversary.
To celebrate, we went for a meal and then to the cinema to see the new much raved about movie, Inception.

I have to admit. I was dubious.
I'm not the biggest Leonardo Di Caprio fan in the world, which put me off at the very start.
However, the story line intrigued me. Planting ideas into someones mind, via appearing in their dreams.. Sounds great, right?

WRONG!

The story line was made overly complicated, to make it sound better then it was, by giving you a head ache trying to keep up.

The special effects that have 'hyped' up the film since it opened, were absolutely nothing compared to the likes of The Matrix.

It's all been seen before. It was certainly nothing new or special. It didn't live up to all the hype and excitement that is surrounding it. The acting wasn't brilliant. And it was unnecessarily long.

I was extremely disappointed with this film, and it took 2 and a half hours of my life, of which I can never get back.

1 comment:

  1. Comment from Garret:

    just because you don't understand the movie doesn't mean you should bash on it. Almost everyone I knew got it (with a few exceptions) and thought it was a great movie.

    (for some reason this comment wouldn't auto publish, sorry about that)

    Garret, I DID understand the movie. I just didn't like it! You did like it, and that's fine, I'm not trying to stop people liking it,or watching it. This is my blog with MY opinions, nothing more, nothing less.

    Thank you for your comment.x

    ReplyDelete